Sunday, October 19, 2014

GF bean burgers

Now beans are s tricky thing for me.  I am slightly allergic to all legumes I have tried,  however, only slightly do they're on my rotation. (meaning I can have them once or twice a month)  Well, I've already overdone myself on chicken this month,  and Turkey,  so I'm spending the last 2 weeks eating beans,  quinoa,  and squash.

GF Black Bean Burgers:

1 cup freshly mashed, cooked black beans
2 sweet chilis, pureed
1/4 cup flax meal
1/4 cup quinoa flour
1/4 cup chickpea flour
Seasonings to taste ( I used black pepper,  salt,  and liquid smoke. Would taste amazing with onions! )

Kneed ingredients together until it forms a very soft dough.  Make a palm sized ball and flatten out on an oiled hot pan. Fry both sides on medium heat until both sides are brown,  burger is stiff, and holds together on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! <3.