Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Cinnamon Sugar Hubbard Fries

Lately I've been craving churros,  which is a problem for obvious reasons and would probably land me in the hospital.  My nutritionist suggested I try more winter squash to get my calories in so the other day I picked up a nice Hubbard squash at the store.  After some research I determined that the Hubbard tastes quite a lot like other winter squashes so I decided to make some cinnamon sugar baked fries!

1 Hubbard squash,  peeled,  slightly softened, and cleaned of seeds
1/2 cup cinnamon
1 cup sugar

Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl,  cut squash into fries and dredge through cinnamon mixture.  Lay flat on oiled baking sheet.  Cook at 400° F for about 8-12 minutes. Salt to taste. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! <3.