Thursday, September 25, 2014

Oat free nut free granola

One of the main struggles I've had lately is being at a complete and utter culinary loss.  I have had little inspiration to create for because the only ingredients I can find are very expensive.  Lady night I befriended a young person on tumblr who has an oat allergy and was desperately seeking recipes.  Being allergic to Oats myself,  I began discussing my grain replacements with them.  I owe this recipe to my new tumblr friend, you inspired me to keep trying,  so thank you.

Gluten-Free,  oat-free,  nut - free,  wheat-free, corn - free Vanilla Maple Granola:

1 cup freshly cooked quinoa
1/2 cup ground flax meal
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup maple syrup (I use maple agave)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup dried berries or nuts (optional, I used blueberries)

Mix all ingredients completely,
spread mixture out in a thin layer on dehydrator sheet.  Dehydrate until crispy.

This granola is great for a snack or cereal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! <3.