Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Flavor packed pulled vegetable "meat"

Tonight I wanted something packed full of vitamins, minerals,  and flavor so I took a chance,  and I'm glad I did!  Unfortunately when I went to slice our home made bread so I could make some heavenly pulled veggie sandwiches,  it had gone bad!  So I quickly thought of the fastest alternative: brown rice! It blended perfectly, when in a pinch, don't hesitate to get imaginative!

Pulled veggie "meat"

1cup cooked black beans
1/4 of a large head of cabbage, sliced thinly lengthwise to make "strings"
2 large carrots, in peelings (use potato peeler to slice carrots until nothing is left)
1/2 of a large yellow onion,  cut into strips
1 cup vegetable bouillon
1 cup water
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
2 tbsp vegan steak sauce
3 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder

Combine all ingredients in a pot,  cover and cook on medium- low heat stirring occasionally for 45 minutes, remove cover and cook 15-20minutes to reduce liquid.  Serve hot on some vegan buns or over brown rice and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! <3.