Thursday, April 11, 2013

Fried Chickpea Chik'n

I'm exploring the wonderful world of chickpeas and today decided to try my hand at some chikn! I love chickpeas,  when I was little I would ask for salad at round table just so I could stock up on them but I had no idea how versatile they were until I became vegan.

Fried chickpea chik'n:

about a cup and a half cooked chickpeas
3-4tbsp vegan poultry seasoning
1 large portabella mushroom- cleaned, minced
4 garlic cloves -minced

for the coating:
flour and water mixture to form a paste

bread crumbs

combine seasoning, mushroom,  and garlic in either a food processor or by mashing into a paste, add chickpeas, mash until well blended.  form into balls and gently press out a steak shape. dip in flour and water mixture then in bread crumbs. fry in oil over medium heat until both sides are golden brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! <3.