Thursday, March 7, 2013

home made theraflu

ok,  so it's not a fever reducer but it sure helps a sore throat!  My son started his first day of preschool this week,  and guess what?  Preschools are crawling with viruses and bacteria,  needless to say we've experienced a little head cold. I just hate it when he's sick,  my poor little guy with a stuffy nose and a cough makes  me so sad! Last night it was really bad and we didn't have anything,  so i steamed some cloves and let the vapors encompass our house and it worked wonders!  So here's my home made recipe for kicking that cold's butt once and for all:
about 2 cups of boiling water
4-5 whole cloves
1tsp fresh grated ginger
1tbsp lemon juice
let steep for 10 minutes, add raw honey,  strain particles and drink hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! <3.