Sunday, October 21, 2012

Nom-worthy tofu scramble

On my days off I like to make breakfast for my family and friends, my go-to breakfast is tofu scramble because it's easy and yummy. I know some of you may be thinking "ewww I hate tofu, it's soooo gross!" Which is what I thought too, until I started cooking it. Chances are, if you've had a bad experience with tofu, the person cooking it either didn't know what they were doing or only knows how to cook it one way. My advice when exploring a unfamiliar territory with food is: use your nose and think outside of the box. Here's my tofu scramble recipe which is so good I've even gotten my friends to eat it and they love it!

What you'll need:
1/4  of a fresh onion
4 mushrooms*
some fresh baby spinach
Organic firm tofu
about 1 tsp Bullion (vegetable, beef, or chicken)**
about a tsp of cumin**
about a tsp of curry powder**
about a tsp of mustard powder**
about a tsp of light sodium soysauce or brags liquid aminos**
a dash of paprika
garlic powder***



* even if you don't like mushrooms, add them, I loathe mushrooms, but they complete this dish and trust me, you wont be able to taste them
** you may need more or less, this is more of a estimated guess because I always eyeball it
*** DO NOT add garlic salt or any other salt, the recipe makes it salty enough and the garlic salt may put it over the edge!

Preparation:
Heat a pan with olive oil on med-low heat
Finely chop onion, mushrooms, and spinach and add them to heated pan to brown

Open tofu and carefully press out excess water with a clean towel or paper towel



once pressed, and veggies are browned, crumble tofu into pan and turn on med heat

Add rest of ingredients and mix

Cook until bottom of tofu is slightly browned but still bouncy
Serve and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! <3.