Thursday, September 20, 2012

Delicious Cinnamon Rolls!!!!!!!

 As it cools off and the weather gets cold and crisp in the mornings, I thought a nice simple sweet spicy breakfast would be wonderful. Every sunday morning when I was little my mom would make home made cinnamon rolls, with just the right amount of spice and warmth to get you through the day. Now that we have to adjust recipes to fit our vegan style needs, I had to do some researching. Last night my craving for spicy, sweet, soft and mouthwatering cinnamon rolls consumed me and I stayed up until 2am searching for the right recipe (which needed to be easy and convenient) and I came across this one . This morning, bright and early, I woke up and went to work, if I had known where all of the baking supplies were, it would've taken maybe 20 minutes tops, instead it took a good hour. I did make a few adjustments, instead of using brown sugar I used dark agave, granulated sugar, and a hint of vanilla. and I made a caramel glaze for the tops with chopped almonds, agave, hemp milk, and powdered sugar and cooked it over medium heat until it bubbled and looked thick. All in all, I give this recipe a A++ the rolls were delicious, so good in fact, that my husband  spent five minutes grunting and groaning (if you were in a different room it would've sounded rather provocative) and the caramel glaze just topped it off! Best part is, you couldn't even slightly tell it was completely vegan (and I know because I used to be highly critical of vegan foods lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! <3.